Tuesday, June 7, 2016

*justlikethat*

Just a hello and I'm done. I'm not replying any further I swear. I can do it. I can ignore him.
 "Hey! How have you been?"
Oh! he replied. 'Lonely' was what my fingers wanted to type.
" Good and you?"
I lied.
After months of no conversation I had finally gathered courage to say a 'hello'. It's strange how we had to force ourselves to sleep after our never-ending chat and now.. Now I need a reason to start talking.My phone beeped.
" Fine "
Fine? Seems like he doesn't want to go beyond the 'How are you'-phase. We are familiar with that phase, right? A new person initiates a talk and you don't want to take it further. So, you just have a 'How are you' chat? I'm sure everyone can relate.
It is the zillionth time I'm opening up his profile and looking at the same picture of his. Such a bore! Never changes his dp. What if he is typing a long text describing how he'd missed me all this while waiting for my message. Oh my! Look at my cheeks. I'm blushing. That's not going to happen, stupid.
Or, what if he is collecting words to frame a proper sentence as he might have been shocked by my text after a long time? But wait, ...he ? And collecting words? Words come to him oozing out of his mind, he just needs to pick a few. He has always been a master of words.
Ughh! He isn't going to initiate. I'll text him again. What shall I say? Umm.. should I ask him about his college? Like I don't know he graduated last month. What a creepy stalker I am, damn.
 ' Do you miss me?'. Wait , no .. backspace backspace.! Okay let's just type :-
' When are you planning to return Nepal?' and Enter!
........
As his name changed from 'Arush' to 'Facebook User', ' You cannot reply to this conversation' was the only reply I received after that .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sipping memories

She stirs up his memories Gulps them down in shots ‘What is it like to drink poison And never die? ‘ ‘It tastes sweet at first!’ ...