Sunday, April 30, 2017

what love looks like

I see love after a long while
it has changed its shape now
it looks different from
what I thought it'd feel like
actually,
it is the exact opposite
of what I'd expected,
it doesn't smell of
roses and daisies
instead,
it has a taste of yesterday's alcohol
mixed with cigarettes
every time I kiss it.
I long to touch more
more of its cracked lips
frizzy hair
untamed beard
I crave for its fingers
running into my hair
that sweep it at the edge of my neck
and leaves a peck
on my bare skin.
this time,
love feels real
it isn't here with a bag
full of fake promises
and false hopes,
it is raw
just as my feelings are
when I am with love,
my feelings this time
they've come through a different route
without passing through the lane
of any regrets or memories,
and my words lie here
unable to fathom
how beautiful it is
to unravel love everyday
to listen a new story each day
like I'd always been a part of it
to wake up with the hangover
of its thoughts within me
to let go of the excruciating reality
when I'm nestled in its arms,
and for a moment
everything seems to freeze
and it's just love and me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sipping memories

She stirs up his memories Gulps them down in shots ‘What is it like to drink poison And never die? ‘ ‘It tastes sweet at first!’ ...